What, Why, When and How….
Always wondered if meditation is for you? Read the research, been told about the benefits but not sure where to begin? Let me tell you about my meditation experience and why you should absolutely give it a go!
I have been into mediation for about 5 years now, and I can cannot recommend anything better
to connect with your soul. Of course, it requires discipline and patience. It took me a while before I could make it an habit. I went from weeks where I was sitting for 40 mins per day, to days where I couldn’t sit with myself for more than 5 mins.
After a period of consistent practice, meditation will finally become a necessity. Depending on my daily plans and priorities, I always find a moment in the morning or before I go to bed to sit with myself. Cause I know in the long term how good this makes me feel.
“Meditation is beneficial for every single person in this world.”
Before you say mediation is not for you, please give it a go in a really simple but consistent way. Meditate every day for a max of 5 min per day for 10 to 14 days. You don’t have time today ? Then simply sit, close your eyes and breathe deeply 5 times, do you have time for breathing ?! You have time to meditate 🙂
Take time to explore your own style. Find the right set up for your seat (chair, pillow, yoga block). See if you like better with music, guided, find your favorite app, incenses and candles.
5 Steps to get Started…
- Find a comfortable seated or lying position in a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed.
- Close your eyes and try to clear you mind and focus on your breath.
- With each breath try to slow down your heart rate, tune into your body and relax the muscles in your face.
- If any thoughts pass through your mind let them float by like clouds, give no attention to them.
- Try this for 5 minutes to start with and slowly start to extend the time as your practice strengthens.
Over 500 million people are meditating in the world in 2020. Therefore there’s always more interest and research from scientists on the subject. Here is what scientists found out on experiments concerning mediation:
- STRESS REDUCTION Studies shows that volunteers experienced decrease in their level of anxiety three years after they had completed an eight-week meditation program.
- PROMOTE EMOTIONAL HEALTH It has been demonstrated that if you meditate you will be more likely to feel positive emotions such as optimism, kindness, compassion, happiness, joy.
- INCREASE STRENGTH AND ENDURANCE OF YOUR ATTENTION. It turn out that people who regularly practice meditation stayed have stronger focus ability than those who does not. They also remembered details of their tasks better
- HELP FIGHT ADDICTIONS A review of 14 studies found mindfulness meditation helped participants reduce emotional and binge eating.
Do you feel ready to improve the quality of your life ?
Then let’s meditate !
We created for you this guided meditation if you want to give it a try !