I absolutely love a homemade beauty product and what better way to use your festive pumpkin scraps than creating an illuminating face mask! In this way we can reduce our use of plastic and avoid throwing food in the bin, for me this one really is a win, win!
This time of year can really start to take it’s toll on your skin and what better way to give your skin some TLC than with a face mask! It’s not only fun to make, but also allows some pamper time for yourself and at no cost at all!
The Benefits of Pumpkin for your skin
- Contains vitamins A and C which can help reduce the signs of ageing.
- Contains anti-oxidants such as zinc
- Brightens skin with the help of niacin
- Acts as a natural exfoliant
- Good for all skin types including sensitive skin
1/4 cup Pureed Pumpkin
1/4 Dried Organic Oats
2 tbsp Honey
1/2 tsp Cinnamon (This is mainly for the smell so not recommended for dry skin)
1. Puree your left over pumpkin scraps
2. Grind oats into a powder using a blender
3. Add the puree to the blender and combine
3. Place mixture in a bowl and add the cinnamon if using
4. Add the honey and stir to make a paste. If needed you can water down.
Apply to face avoiding sensitive areas and leave for 10-15 mins before rinsing with warm water.